Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 September 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 20 Monday afternoon then increasing to northwest 30 early Monday evening.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 27 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 September 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 982 mb located 90 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 992 mb located over Prince
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday approaching cold front located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM PDT 26 September 2021 A deep area of low pressure will cross northern offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii by midday Monday. The low will then
weaken as it slowly makes its way towards Prince Rupert Monday
afternoon. Strong to gale force southerlies are occurring over
Most waters. Gale force northwesterlies will develop over the
offshore waters as the low passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: