Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 after midnight then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located from the
Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday trough located off Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 22 September 2023 A trough extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will develop
into a low over Southeastern Explorer overnight. The low centre is
expected to cross Vancouver Island Saturday near noon. Gale force
winds are expected to develop near the low tonight then become strong
southerlies over the Strait of Georgia as the low crosses the
Island and weakens.
A deep low pressure system is expected to spread gale to storm force
winds across the BC waters Sunday through Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: