Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 20 this morning then increasing to south 25 to 35 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 this evening then increasing to south 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Rain Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 06:20 AM PST 01 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii to
By 7:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 AM PST 1 December 2023 A frontal system from Haida Gwaii to Cape Scott early this morning
will reach the BC Central Coast by mid-morning. The system will
Track inland by this afternoon. Southeast gales ahead of the system
will veer to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Another frontal system will make its way across the offshore waters
this afternoon then into the northern and central waters this
evening. Gale force southerlies ahead of the system will be followed
by gale force westerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: