Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 06 December 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 20 near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 6 December 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located from Explorer to the
By 6:30 a.m. PST Saturday trough from low located from Explorer
to Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 6 December 2019 A low pressure trough will remain quasi stationary across the
Explorer region to Central Coast. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies over Southern Explorer and waters west of Vancouver
Island will weaken to moderate to strong later this evening.
Also, high pressure over the BC Interior will strengthen with gale
force outflow forecast through the north and Central Coast inlets
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: