Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 01 December 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late overnight and to south 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Rain Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 01 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 1 December 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Vancouver Island.
By 3:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low located over northern Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday low located over the southern Alaska
At 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday approaching frontal system located off
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 1 December 2023 A frontal system will make its way across the southern waters
tonight. Gale force southerlies ahead of the system will be followed
by gale force westerlies in its wake.
A new low will move across Northern Bowie and onto the Southern
Alaskan Panhandle on Saturday. Westerly gales are expected across
some northern waters during the day.
Meanwhile another front will approach the offshore waters on Saturday
afternoon. Strong gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of
the front on Saturday evening over northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: