Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 October 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight then becoming southeast 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Rain changing to showers Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 04 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 October 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Cape Scott.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located off Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 PM PDT 4 October 2022 A frontal system extending from Haida Gwaii to Northern Vancouver
Island will move to the North Coast tonight. In its wake, a trough
will cross the offshore waters and reach Western Bowie early
Wednesday morning. The trough will exit Northern Bowie late Wednesday
Ahead of the frontal system, southeast gales are present north of the
Brooks Peninsula. Over central and northern waters, strong to
marginal gale force southeast winds will gradually ease Wednesday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: