Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 01 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening then diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 Friday morning.
Periods of drizzle ending near noon Friday. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 1 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday frontal system located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 1 October 2020 A developing frontal system is approaching northern offshore waters.
Southeasterly winds will increase over northern waters this evening
in advance of this system. Strong to gale force southeasterlies over
Bowie will persist until near midnight and marginal southeast gales
will brush the western edge of the Western Dixon Entrance near
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: