Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 05 December 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northeasterly 5 to 15 knots this afternoon then becoming light this evening. Wind increasing to northerly 10 to 20 Friday morning and to northerly 20 to 30 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 5 December 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 AM PST 5 December 2019 A low pressure system will remain quasi stationary west of Explorer
for the today and tonight. A trough extending from the low will set
up along a line stretching from Explorer to the central waters on
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop over Explorer and
waters west of Vancouver Island on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: