Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 November 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots backing to northeast 20 to 30 this morning then increasing to northeast 30 to 40 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northeast 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 3 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 06:16 AM PST 29 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 984 mb located over northern Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northern
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 29 November 2022 A building ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will generate
gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland inlets today
through Wednesday. Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing
spray will exist tonight through Wednesday as Arctic air pushes out
from the mainland inlets.
An intensifying low pressure system west of Queen Charlotte Sound
will track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island today and remain
near North Vancouver Island tonight and Wednesday while weakening.
Ahead of the low, gale to storm force easterlies will develop over
central waters and the South Coast today. In its wake, winds will
shift to gale to storm force northerlies this afternoon and persist
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: