Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 13 October 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 35 to 45 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 50 to 60 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 13 October 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 13 October 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PDT 13 October 2019 An intense frontal system will approach the offshore waters this
evening and move eastward to lie over Haida Gwaii early Monday
evening. The front then continues its journey crossing the Central
Coast early Tuesday afternoon.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop over northern
offshore waters tonight then spread to all northern and central
waters on Monday. The gale force southeasterlies will then reach
southern waters Monday night and continue on Tuesday.
A second system will quickly move into outer waters early Tuesday
morning bringing gale force southerly winds to most northern and
central waters on Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: