Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Rain Sunday late in the day. Fog patches dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located near the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 21 May 2022 Ahead of an approaching frontal system over Bowie, southeast winds
will rise to strong to marginal gale force west of Haida Gwaii late
Sunday morning. Strong to marginal gale force southeast winds are
also expected for Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East
Sunday afternoon and early evening. Winds will veer to strong
westerlies in the wake of the front late Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: