Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Tuesday morning.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms late this evening changing to rain near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Hecate Strait.
At 9:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 995 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PDT 16 May 2022 A trough of low pressure will move through offshore waters on
Tuesday. Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to Explorer
near midday Tuesday.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer on Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island on Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
west-northwesterly in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: