Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then becoming southeast 30 to 40 Thursday morning.
Rain ending early this morning. Rain tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 2 December 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 6:00 a.m. PST Thursday approaching low located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PST 2 December 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters will push towards the
mainland coast today. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will
continue into tonight ahead of this system.
On Thursday, an area of low pressure will approach central waters and
should reach Haida Gwaii by Thursday evening. Gale to storm force
southerlies are expected in the vicinity of this area of low
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: