Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25 this evening then increasing to southeast 35 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon then becoming northwest 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located from the North Coast to
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over northwestern
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PDT 30 September 2022 A frontal system over Northwestern Bowie this morning will slowly
move toward the North Coast today. Strong to gale force southerly
winds are expected over Bowie and Dixon west this evening and
Saturday morning. Southeast gales will also develop over Dixon east
and Hecate Strait from Saturday morning to afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: