Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 26 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 5 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 early Friday morning.
Rain beginning near midnight changing to showers Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PDT 26 May 2022 A low pressure centre will cross Northern Explorer tonight then
settle over Western Queen Charlotte Sound on Friday morning. The low
will remain anchored over Western Queen Charlotte Sound through
Friday into Friday night while gradually weakening during this time.
Southeast gales along West Coast Vancouver Island North and southwest
marginal gales over Southern Explorer will continue tonight into
Friday morning. The southeast gales will spread over parts of the
central waters including Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound and along
The Central Coast early Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: