Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 December 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots except southeast 25 to 35 near the mainland coast. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 early this morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 this evening then veering to south 45 to 55 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 25 overnight then backing to southwest 10 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Rain this afternoon and tonight. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 16 December 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 December 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today warm front located 30 miles west of Cape
By 4:00 p.m. PST today warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 16 December 2019 A warm front extending from Hecate Strait toward Cape Scott this
morning will approach the Central Coast this afternoon. Ahead of the
system, southeasterly gales prevail across the northern and central
A stronger frontal system will approach Explorer this afternoon and
move onto Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm force southeast winds
will develop ahead of the system. Winds will shift to strong westerly
in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: