Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 October 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots becoming northeast 15 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located over the Washington
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over northern BC
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 23 October 2020 A frontal system is moving along the west coast of Vancouver Island
today. Southeast gale force winds over central and southern waters
this late morning will back to northerly strong to marginal gales
over central waters this afternoon. Queen Charlotte Strait and
Johnstone will see a brief drop in winds this afternoon before the
outflow winds develop.
A trough develops west of Vancouver Island this afternoon in the
Wake of the frontal system. Gale force northwesterlies will develop
over Southeastern Explorer and parts of West Coast Vancouver Island
South this afternoon.
A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will build southward
today. Gale to storm force northeasterly outflow winds will continue
through the northern and central mainland inlets. Gale force
Outflow will develop over southern mainland inlets tonight. Outflow
winds will continue through the weekend.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: