Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 November 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 this evening. Wind increasing to south 30 to 35 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 November 2019 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1003 mb located over central Hecate
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating low mb located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PST 21 November 2019 A Pacific front through the central BC coast will move inland and
weaken early this evening. A 1003 MB low behind the front over
Central Hecate Strait will move onto the north BC coast and dissipate
early this evening.
Southeast gales along the BC coast, from Dixon Entrance East to the
Central Coast, will shift to gale force westerlies in the wake of the
front and the low. Local storm force westerly winds over Southwestern
Haida Gwaii will ease early this evening.
Winds will diminish to strong southwesterly this evening then
increase to southerly gales again overnight and Friday for central
and northern waters in advance of the next frontal system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: