Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located from Bowie to Cape Scott.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located from Bowie
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PST 21 January 2020 A trough will move onto Vancouver Island this evening. In its wake,
strong to gale force southwesterlies over Explorer will spread to
West Coast Vancouver Island South this evening.
Another frontal system will move across the offshore waters Wednesday
morning and lie across Queen Charlotte Sound by the afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore and central waters Wednesday morning, then spread
to northern and southern waters in the afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: