Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 to 45 knots becoming south 35 early this morning then diminishing to southwest 30 near noon. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Wednesday morning except northeast 20 near Portland Inlet Wednesday evening.
Showers ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Scattered showers Wednesday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST tonight building ridge located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 5 December 2023 Gale force southwesterlies will continue over northern and central
waters this morning as a low passes to the north of Bowie.
Winds will diminish through the day as the low weakens and moves away
from the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: