Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 September 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning and to southeast 15 to 20 this morning. Wind diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 early this afternoon then backing to northwest 20 this evening. Wind northwest 20 Wednesday.
Showers ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 September 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 September 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located off Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing low located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 17 September 2019 A frontal system over the South Coast will exit the region this
morning. Ahead of the front, southeast gales over the South Coast
will ease this morning.
The associated low centre off Haida Gwaii will move southwards today
and track south of Explorer tonight. Gales around the low over
northern waters will ease this morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: