Issued 09:30 PM PDT 19 August 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 late Tuesday morning except southeast 35 over southern sections Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Rain. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 19 August 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 19 August 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 19 August 2019 A trough of low pressure off Haida Gwaii will swing northward
Toward Prince Rupert tonight. Ahead of the trough, strong to
Gale force southerlies will develop over central and northern waters
tonight and increase to gale to storm force on Tuesday.
In the wake of the trough the winds will shift to strong to gale
force northerlies Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: