Great Slave Lake - basin
Issued 05:00 PM MDT 17 July 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 10 knots increasing to northeast 20 Thursday afternoon.
Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Great Slave Lake - basinIssued 5:00 PM MDT 17 July 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Great Slave LakeIssued 3:15 PM MDT 17 July 2019 Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that are capable of producing wind gusts of up to 35 knots.
Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway. Consider delaying or postponing travel in areas under the Squall Watch.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
There is no Synopsis issued for this area.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: