Issued 07:00 AM MDT 18 October 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 30 this afternoon and to northwest 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then becoming southwest 15 early Tuesday morning.
Scattered flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 October 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
DolphinIssued 07:00 AM MDT 18 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 18 October 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday trough from 984 mb low located from 67N 103W
to 80N 117W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 986 mb located at 85N 109W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge from high located over 67N 95W extending
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: