Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots becoming southeast 40 to 50 late this afternoon then becoming southeast 35 to 45 after midnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 25 early Wednesday morning then becoming south 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain ending overnight. Rain Wednesday afternoon and evening. Risk of thunderstorms early Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 22 September 2020 A Pacific frontal system over Bowie will slowly move to Haida
Gwaii this evening. Ahead of the system, winds have risen to gale
force southeasterly over the northern waters and the central waters
As the system approaches Haida Gwaii and intensifies, winds will rise
to storm force southeasterlies over most northern and central waters
late today. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerly over
Bowie this evening in the wake of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: