Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 February 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to east 15 to 25 early Saturday morning. Wind backing to north 15 to 25 near noon Saturday then increasing to north 25 to 35 late Saturday afternoon. Wind backing to northwest 30 to 40 early Saturday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 03 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 February 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing trough located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PST 3 February 2023 Strong to gale force southeast winds will ease this evening as a
trough over Vancouver Island moves inland, though there will be a
brief period of southwest gales across West Coast Vancouver Island
South and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait this evening in the wake
of the trough.
Another frontal system will approach the BC coast
Saturday morning producing widespread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds. This system will cross Haida Gwaii Saturday
evening with northwest gales developing in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: