Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming northwest 25 to 35 Thursday morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 near noon Thursday.
Flurries or showers becoming showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary flat low located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 8 December 2021 A cold front will over Southern Vancouver Island will exit the region
to the southeast this morning. Strong to gale force northwesterly
winds will follow the frontal passage for most outer coastal waters.
These winds will persist well into Thursday.
Gale force inflow through Juan de Fuca Strait will ease somewhat
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: