Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating trough located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 994 mb located off Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 999 mb located over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:07 PM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure over Bowie will move eastwards and weaken
over Haida Gwaii late Wednesday morning. Ahead of the trough,
southerly gales from Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver Island will
ease overnight into early Wednesday morning.
A deep low pressure centre will cross Explorer tonight and Northern
Vancouver Island Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low, storm force
southerly winds over Explorer will spread to west coast Vancouver
Island tonight, with hurricane force southeasterlies near the
headlands overnight. Southeast gales will spread to the inner South
Coast early Wednesday morning. In the wake of the low, winds will
shift to gale to storm force westerly overnight and spread to Juan
De fuca strait Wednesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: