Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots backing to south 20 this morning then increasing to south 35 to 40 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 Monday morning and to northwest 10 to 20 near noon Monday. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Scattered showers changing to rain late this morning and ending near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 05 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM PST 5 February 2023 A frontal system located over Vancouver Island will weaken while
tracking inland this morning. Strong southerly winds ahead of the
system will shift to northwesterly gales in its wake.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie this afternoon. South to
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern waters today and
spread into central and southern waters tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: