Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located from Cape Scott to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating ridge located from Cape Scott
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 26 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge. Visibility may be limited by areas of
persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Thursday morning
and move across Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front,
winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: