Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 near noon then diminishing to southwest 25 near midnight. Wind west 20 Saturday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 07:53 AM PDT 20 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 September 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PDT 20 September 2019 A frontal system will approach the North Coast of BC today and
Move south over the Central Coast Saturday.
Ahead of the frontal system, gale force southerly winds will develop
over Bowie this morning and spread to the northern waters in the
afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will spread to the Central
Coast and Northern Vancouver Island Saturday. Winds will shift to
westerly in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: