Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 08 December 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening and to southeast 35 to 45 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to northwest 35 Saturday afternoon.
Rain tonight and Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PST 08 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 December 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located on a line
north-south over the South Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight intensifying frontal system located west
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By midnight PST Saturday weakening trough located over the North
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 8 December 2023 An approaching frontal system is bringing gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters. Winds will rise to strong to
gale force southeasterly over the northern and central waters and
west of Vancouver Island as the frontal system approaches.
On Saturday morning, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Southern Hecate Strait, through
Queen Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system late Saturday as a sharp surface trough
follows the frontal system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: