Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 August 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots veering to northwest 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PDT 23 August 2019 A dissipated cold front over central waters will give southeast gales
to the Central Coast and West Coast Vancouver Island North until mid
A trough of low pressure will track eastward across Bowie today
Then reach Hecate Strait by Saturday morning. Strong to gale force
southwesterly or westerly winds will develop over northern waters
As the system crosses the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: