Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 08 August 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then veering to southwest 35 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 near noon Sunday.
Rain overnight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 08 August 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 8 August 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday cold front located over western Bowie.
By 3:00 p.m. PDT Sunday departing cold front located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 8 August 2020 A deep low pressure system will move into the Gulf of Alaska Sunday
The cold front associated with this system will bring gale force
southwesterly winds to Northern Bowie beginning overnight. As the
front transits the northern waters, gale force southerly winds will
also develop over west coast Haida Gwaii, Dixon Entrance and Hecate
The winds will diminish on Sunday afternoon as the front moves out of
the region except Bowie where gale force winds will ease to strong
westerlies Sunday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: