Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 06 May 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 late this afternoon and to variable 5 to 15 Friday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 20 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 06 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 6 May 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 990 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1010 mb located near Langara.
At 1:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 6 May 2021 A low over Central Bowie will slowly move northward today. The low
will weaken and move eastward tonight just north of Bowie. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift gale to
local storm force northwesterly in its wake.
Winds will gradually weaken on Friday as the low dissipates and a
weak ridge builds behind the low.
The associated cold front will quickly move across the South Coast
today. Winds over the South Coast will briefly increase to strong to
gale force southeast then shift to strong to gale force west to
northwest with the passage of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: