Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 03 February 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Saturday morning and to northwest 25 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Showers this evening. Periods of rain Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 3 February 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
By 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 992 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 2:00 p.m. PST today low 993 mb located near Tofino.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over the North
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PST 3 February 2023 A frontal system extending from the North Coast of BC
To Northwestern Explorer is producing widespread southeasterly gales
to the east of the system, with an embedded swath of southeasterly
storms from Queen Charlotte Sound to the headlands of Vancouver
Island today. Gale force northerly outflow will persist over Howe
Sound this morning.
Winds over the west coast of Vancouver Island will increase to storm
force southeasterlies this morning as another low approaches.
Winds will also increase to southeasterly gale force across the inner
South Coast waters today.
Winds will ease on this evening, though there will be a brief
Period of southwest gales across west coast Vancouver Island - south
and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait Friday evening in the wake of
Another frontal system will approach the BC coast Saturday morning
producing widespread gale to storm force southeasterly winds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: