Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 this afternoon and to light late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 15 late overnight and to southeast 20 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late Monday morning then veering to southwest 35 to 45 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to south 30 Monday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Rain Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 28 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early Monday and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the northern and central waters
Monday, and to the southern offshore waters Monday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: