Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 18 August 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to east 10 to 20 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 20 to 30 Monday evening.
Periods of rain beginning Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 18 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located over the Central
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 1:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located over southern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located from Bowie to Prince Rupert.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM PDT 18 August 2019 A trough of low pressure lying over the Central Coast will weaken
this evening. Moderate to strong northwest winds north of the
Trough will diminish tonight.
On Monday, a second trough of low pressure will move to lie over
Southern Bowie and then swing northward toward Prince Rupert in
The evening. Strong southerlies will develop south of the trough and
rise to gale force late in the day. Strong to gale force easterlies
will develop north of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: