Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 February 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 10 to 20 early this morning then increasing to southwest 20 to 30 late this evening. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 Thursday morning and to south 40 to 50 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to south 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
Rain ending this afternoon. Rain Thursday afternoon and evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located over Haida Gwaii.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 7:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Explorer.
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 19 February 2020 A cold front over Haida Gwaii will continue its eastward track.
Ahead of the front, there are gale force southerlies over West Haida
Gwaii and Hecate Strait. The southerly gales will ease late this
afternoon as the frontal system moves inland.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie overnight Wednesday and
into early Thursday morning. Gale to storm force southerlies will
develop ahead of the front through Thursday morning over the offshore
and northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: