Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 07 December 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots increasing to west 35 late Wednesday morning then diminishing to west 15 to 25 early Wednesday evening.
Showers becoming flurries or showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 07 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 December 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday departing cold front located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary flat low located over
the Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 December 2021 A cold front will cross Vancouver Island tonight, reaching the Lower
Mainland by early morning then exit the region. Strong to gale force
northwesterly winds will follow the frontal passage for most outer
coastal waters. These winds will persist well into Thursday.
Gale force inflow winds are expected to develop through Juan de Fuca
strait overnight, following this same cold front. These strong inflow
winds will ease late Wednesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: