Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 February 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeasterly 25 to 35 this morning then becoming northwest 30 to 40 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 25 late overnight and to west 10 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Rain ending after midnight. Rain Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:26 AM PST 04 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 February 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Cape St. James
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Vancouver
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 4 February 2023 A frontal system over Explorer will track eastward today and tonight,
producing widespread gales from Dixon east to Explorer. Winds will
strengthen further to storm force later this morning from Hecate
Strait to West Vancouver Island.
Northwesterly gales will spread from west to east in the wake of the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: