Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 near midnight and to southeast 20 to 30 early Thursday morning. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 26 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge. Visibility may be limited by areas of
persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Thursday morning
and move across Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front,
winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: