Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 this afternoon. Wind becoming southerly 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming southeast 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Showers Friday morning and afternoon changing to rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 27 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge this morning. Visibility may be limited by
areas of persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters and move
Across Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
Winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late Friday. Winds will
shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: