Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 October 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 this morning and to southeast 15 to 25 near noon. Wind becoming southeast 15 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 25 this evening. Wind increasing to east 30 to 40 overnight. Wind east 30 to 40 Thursday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:42 AM PDT 20 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 October 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located from Haida
Gwaii to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying frontal system located
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low 986 mb located over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 AM PDT 20 October 2021 Gale to storm force southeasterlies over northern and central waters
will ease this morning as a frontal system over Haida Gwaii weakens.
The next approaching system will track across the offshore waters on
Thursday and lie over Haida Gwaii late in the day. Ahead of the
system, gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop over waters
west of Vancouver Island this evening then spread to central and
northern waters overnight into Thursday morning. Additionally, winds
will increase to hurricane force Thursday morning near the headlands
of West Coast Vancouver Island North and Western Queen Charlotte
Seas of 8 to 10 metres can be expected on Thursday across parts of
Explorer, west coast Vancouver Island, Queen Charlotte Sound, and
west coast Haida Gwaii.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: