Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 14 August 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 late this morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 late this afternoon. Wind becoming southeasterly 5 to 15 near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Rain ending near noon. Scattered showers this evening. Showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 14 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 14 August 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 14 August 2022 A trough over Haida Gwaii will track east and lie from Hecate
Strait to Northern Vancouver Island mid morning.
As the trough moves up against a ridge of high pressure over the BC
Interior, southerly winds have risen to gale force over northern and
Gale force winds will ease to strong by early Sunday afternoon as the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: