Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots early this afternoon and to east 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind veering to south 25 to 35 late overnight then backing to southeast 35 to 45 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain beginning early this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:03 AM PDT 19 August 2019 A trough of low pressure over Southern Bowie will swing northward
toward Prince Rupert this evening. Ahead of the trough, strong to
gale force southerlies will develop over central and northern waters
today. In the wake of the trough the winds will shift to strong
northerlies Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: