Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to southerly 15 to 25 near noon. Wind increasing to southerly 30 to 40 late this afternoon then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind southerly 15 to 25 Friday.
Showers beginning near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 22 August 2019 A ridge of high pressure will continue generating moderate to strong
northwest winds over the South Coast except strong to gale force
winds along parts of the west coast of Vancouver Island this morning.
A frontal system will arrive over Bowie today and will progress into
the northern and central waters tonight. Gale force southerly winds
will develop ahead of the system.
Moderate to strong westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as another trough follows closely in behind.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: