Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 this afternoon then becoming light early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 5 to 15 Thursday morning and to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 August 2022
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located from the
North Coast to the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 17 August 2022 A stationary front draped northeast to southwest over Bowie will
weaken through the day today. Strong to gale force southerlies over
Bowie and waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida Gwaii will ease
A trough will gradually develop over the South Coast beginning today
and will remain in place into Thursday. Strong to gale force
northwest winds will develop off the northwest coast of Vancouver
Island later this afternoon and continue into Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: