Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 January 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 near noon then becoming west 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light overnight. Wind light Wednesday.
Rain changing to showers early this morning and ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 January 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PST 19 January 2021 A frontal system over the Central Coast will weaken as it tracks
southwards across Vancouver Island today. Ahead of the front, strong
to gale force southeasterlies over central waters will shift to
moderate to strong westerly in its wake.
Over northern waters, strong to gale force westerlies will ease this
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: