Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 07 December 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to west 35 to 45 near midnight then diminishing to west 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 early Thursday morning.
Rain changing to flurries or showers overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 07 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 December 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located from Prince
Rupert to McInnes Island then to Tofino.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough from low located over Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday departing trough from low located from
Prince Rupert to McInnes Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low located west of the Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 7 December 2022 A cold front extending from Prince Rupert to Tofino will continue to
move eastward and into interior BC tonight.
Ahead of the front gale to storm force winds have developed over
eastern sections of central waters as well as waters south of Tofino.
For waters of the inner South Coast, gale force southeasterlies will
persist into the overnight period.
In the wake of the front, the low associated with the frontal system
will move from Haida Gwaii to Prince Rupert tonight, and spread gale
to storm force northwesterly winds across most of the northern and
On Thursday, another low located over the Gulf of Alaska will
approach the Alaskan Panhandle and maintain gale force westerlies
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: