Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 25 late Saturday morning then becoming west 25 early Saturday afternoon. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 28 January 2022 A cold front is currently approaching the BC coast. Ahead of the
front, gale force southeasterly winds will continue over parts
Of the central, northern, and offshore waters. The gale force
southeasterlies will ease to moderate to strong westerly over the
offshore and northern waters beginning Saturday morning. The central
waters can expect the gale force southeasterlies to ease Saturday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: