Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 04 August 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind southwest 10 to 20 Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 4 August 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening ridge located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located over
Cape Scott extending southwestward.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 999 mb located over northwestern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low 1006 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 4 August 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island and strong
daytime heating over the BC Interior are producing strong to gale
force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait every day in the late
afternoon and evening. Winds will then ease to moderate to strong by
A front over Hecate Strait is producing strong to gale force
southerly winds across Northern Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to
moderate to strong southwesterly as the front moves to Central Coast
A low offshore will spread westerly gales to Northern Bowie tonight.
Winds will ease to strong early Thursday as the low weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: