Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this morning and to southeast 25 to 35 late this evening. Wind becoming west 30 Thursday morning then diminishing to southwest 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 Thursday evening.
Rain overnight Thursday morning and Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 AM PST 20 November 2019 A cold front well offshore will move across Bowie tonight then
Across the North and Central Coasts on Thursday. Southeast gales will
develop over Bowie this afternoon then over central and northern
waters later tonight. Winds will shift to strong to gale force
westerly in the wake of the front. Southerly gales are forecast to
develop again west of Haida Gwaii in advance of another Pacific front
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: