Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 18 October 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late this afternoon then becoming southeast 40 to 50 near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 35 to 45 early Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 October 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over central Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PDT 18 October 2021 A strong frontal system moving into the offshore waters will stall
over the region later today. Gale to storm force southerlies ahead of
this system will spread towards the north and central mainland coasts
through the afternoon and persist through Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: