Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots veering to southwest 25 to 35 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning. Wind becoming west 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1003 mb located southeast of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 1006 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:07 PM PDT 26 September 2023 A low will move from Northern Bowie to the Alaskan Panhandle tonight.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies over northernmost waters
will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake overnight
and ease Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, gale force northwesterlies
over Bowie will also ease Wednesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: