Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 20 knots late overnight then backing to southeast 15 to 25 late Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Monday evening.
Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 10:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over the Gulf
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PST 11 December 2023 A front northwest of Bowie will stall today bringing southwesterly
gales over Northern Bowie.
A low pressure system will approach the northern waters late today.
Gale to storm force southerlies will develop over most northern
waters this evening and spread to central waters on Tuesday.
Another vigorous system will reach Haida Gwaii late Tuesday,
spreading storm force southerly winds across the northern and central
waters, with hurricane force southerlies over Hecate Strait and
Dixon Entrance. Winds will veer to southwesterly gales behind the
system Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: