Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 knots veering to northerly 15 early this morning then diminishing to light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Wednesday morning and to southeast 30 to 40 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers early this morning. Rain Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 November 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 28 November 2023 An approaching front will bring strong to gale force southerly winds
to Bowie on Wednesday morning. Winds will rise to strong to gale
force southerly over the northern and central waters on Wednesday
afternoon as the front moves eastward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: