Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then diminishing to east 15 to 25 Monday morning.
Periods of rain ending Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying trough from low located on
a line north-south over Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough from low located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over northwestern Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system will develop this morning over Northern Bowie
with a trough extending southward. While the low remains stationary
the trough rotates toward the mainland coast while intensifying,
giving southerly gales to the waters east of the trough this
afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: